1. Basic Strategy: Knowing the rules and optimal moves for any given situation is essential.
2. Card Counting: A player must be able to keep track of the cards that have been dealt and adjust their betting accordingly.
3. Bankroll Management: A successful player must learn to manage their money well and only bet what they can afford to lose.
4. Concentration: A player must be able to maintain focus and avoid distractions in order to make the best decisions.
5. Patience: When playing blackjack, a player must be patient enough to wait for favorable situations and not make impulsive decisions.
6. Discipline: A successful blackjack player must have the discipline to stick to their strategy and not let emotions or outside influences impact their play.
7. Emotional Control: A good player must be able to keep their emotions in check and not get too high or low after wins or losses.
8. Risk Assessment: A player must be able to assess risk and determine the optimum time to bet, split, or double down.
9. Attitude: A positive attitude is essential for success, and a player must remain upbeat even when faced with adversity.
10. Flexibility: A player must be able to adjust their strategy based on changing circumstances and the actions of other players at the table.